Kindle is not just for reading books, but you can do various other activities on this incredible device. You can enjoy listening to your favorite music if you want. Amazon has made a provision that allows you to manually download MP3 files to your device and play those files using the built-in MP3 player. However, such facility is not provided on Kindle Fire, but if you want, then Kindle Fire can let you access to the Amazon Cloud Mp3 files and then, you can play your favorite songs from there, provided you have a strong internet connection. Let’s find out the process of how to download or transfer songs to Kindle in order to listen to them in free time.
For Amazon Kindle (except Kindle Fire)
- Connect your Kindle with your computer using a USB cable.
- You will see some options popping up on the screen asking you to select one option from the list. If that doesn’t happen, search for Kindle device in the Windows Explorer.
- Drag the music files from anywhere on your computer to the ‘Music’ directory on your Kindle device.
- Disconnect the Kindle from your computer.
- On your Kindle device, press the ‘Menu’ button.
- Select the “Experimental” option.
- Now, you need to select “MP3 Player” and as you do, you are going to see an open music player appearing at the bottom of the Kindle screen.
- Use the backward/forward buttons to change the tracks. Press the “Pause” button to stop playback. Press the “Off” button to disable the player.
For Kindle Fire
- Turn on the Kindle Fire.
- Touch the “;” option.
- Tap on “Home”. button in order to view the Kindle home screen
- Now, tap ‘Music’ option after which, you will have to tap the ‘Cloud’ option, which you can find at the top of the page.
- Select an album to view the tracks.
- To download Kindle Fire memory album, you need to tap the “download” button. Downloading an album allows you to play any song even when you are not connected to the internet.
- To play a track, tap on it. You can find out as to which track is being played currently, i.e., by tapping the ‘Settings’ button given at the top of the screen.
With that, the process of transferring or downloading the songs on Kindle device concludes and now, you can enjoy your favorite songs without any issue. However, if you come across any problem, then you can get in touch with the Kindle help facility.