In order to fix the ‘Kindle Frozen screen’ problem of your Kindle HD model, you have to try the simple troubleshooting steps mentioned here as under:
- Press and hold the power button of your Kindle E-reader for at least 40 seconds.
- The screen will go blank.
- Suddenly after step 2, your kindle gets restarted.
In this way, you can fix the frozen screen problem of your kindle paperwhite help and HD model. Now, we are going to discuss steps for fixing slow screen issue depending on the nature of the problem. If the kindle screen becomes unresponsive or not working as it should be, then follow the tricks after reading them carefully.
- Old software version: If you are using the old version of software on your Kindle E-reader, then update it as early as possible by opening the Kindle website. Select your model number and download the latest update from there.
- Downloading in progress: If some file or Ebook is downloading at the backend, the screen may respond slowly or go totally blank. In such cases, the only solution is to wait for a while until the download gets completed. In case the files being downloaded are large in size, the screen may stop working instantly.
- Kindle temperature: Don’t use your Kindle when it’s too hot or too cold. Using it under extremely hot conditions may melt the inner circuit or even complete circuitry may break down.
- Device accessories: Sometimes the case or cover mounted on kindle replacement hardware may put you in trouble. You won’t be able to use it properly or the screen may function slowly. To test this problem, remove back cover for some time and check by using a device without it.
- Dirty touchscreen: Clean the screen with a soft cloth. No need to use any glass or surface cleaner on your screen as this may damage it completely. Don’t wear gloves in hand while using kindle for reading. Try not to touch the screen with wet hands or after using any hand lotion.
- Restart required: To restart the device, you need to first turn it off completely and turn it on again. You can restart the device from ‘Settings’ even. Go to the ‘Power’ option from the ‘Settings’ menu. In E-reader, you can restart by tapping on ‘Settings’ Followed by ‘Restart device’
- Low battery: The kindle paperwhite screen replacement responds slowly if the device is not sufficiently charged. You can plug in the charger to charge it for 30 minutes. Don’t forget to restart once charging gets over.
- Restart: If you are still experiencing the above-mentioned problems, then reset the device from the ‘Settings’ menu. You will find the ‘Factory reset’ option at the end of the menu. This will delete all the data from the device including parental controls, account information and downloaded content if any.